Are you interested in becoming an ACC Provider?
Please upload your resume or email it to Info@AnchorCounselingCenters.com
All ACC providers are licensed by their prospective boards as a
LGPC, LMSW, LGPAT, LCPAT LCPC or LCSW-C.
We are continuing to add telehealth & in person providers to ACC to all locations.
Each provider is a contractor at ACC. Contractors make their own hours and are paid above the industry standard.
The Mental Health Counselor will counsel individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health. The Mental Health Counselor will help individuals deal with thoughts of suicide; addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
This is a 1099 contractor position.
- Performs complex social, therapeutic services and psychosocial intake services to children, adolescents, and adults from a person-centered, trauma-informed perspective. The caseload will consist of those with mental illness, emotional disturbance, trauma, and possibly substance use disorders.
- Responsibilities include:
- Providing psychotherapy to individuals on caseload via group and/or individual services, face-to-face psychosocial and diagnostic assessments, and crisis intervention to individuals seeking and receiving therapeutic services. (60% of the time)
- Ensuring individuals seeking services meet requirements for outpatient level of care and have the ability to explain offerings based on the individual’s level of care. (5% of the time)
- Developing individual treatment plans and recommends appropriate level of care. (10% of the time)
- Providing initial screenings, and determines clinical and financial eligibility. (10%)
- Completing detailed documentation in a timely manner on all services provided. (10% of the time)
- Ensuring services provided meet the guidelines in accordance with individual’s benefit plans and compliance with ACC requirements/rules with all services provided. (5% of the time)
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, and cultures and their history and origins.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Interrelate and work effectively with facility staff, patients, and outside support agencies
- Maintain the confidentiality of patient information in accordance with The Company policy and procedure, state law, site policy
- Knowledge of counseling techniques and processes – especially Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Ability to write clearly and professionally on all services and internal communication.
- Ability to think clearly and logically in order to deal with potentially dangerous and/or emotional situations.
- Ability to respond to individuals with patience, empathy, and understanding.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and computer proficient.
- Demonstrates strong Multi-cultural competency.
- Coursework and that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group, and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
- Master's degree in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university
- Appropriate Maryland state credentials and licensing are required. LMSW, LGPC, LCSW-C, or LCPC are all appropriate licenses.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This is a 1099 contractor position.